Thursday, November 20, 2008

Very early thoughts on Tech

Watching the end of Tech-Miami, and here's what I think:

--I think the key for us will be using OUR offense to keep Tech off the field.  There is no way that Tech stuffs our running game like they have Miami's.

--You think Chris Fowler would be happy as a pig in shit if Tech beat us?  Talking up Yech's fight song, talking about the importance of Yech beating UGA, etc., etc.  That toolbag HATES UGA and doesn't even try to hide it.

--Knowshon is going to smoke Tech's D on at least one screen play, even without the help of Jon BLITZ!!!!!!  BLITZ!!!!!!! BLITZ!!!!!! Tenuta.  2nd and 3?  Fuck it...Tenuta BLITZ!!!!!

--In the words of Ally, Patrick Nix = EPIC FAIL!!!  I live in Middle GA, Patrick couldn't carry his daddy's jock.

--I'm actually worried about our kick return against Tech's kick coverage.  Can't believe I said that, but we need to get good field position the whole game.

--Jessie Palmer is a douche.  Tech doesn't run the "spread option".  They run the option.  I swear to God, by next year, announcers will be talking about the "Spread I", "Spread Wishbone", and "Spread Power Running Game".

--I'm worried about Tech's penchant for chop blocking given our lack of depth on the D Line.

--Finally, Tech's going to be ready for a fight.  There's no way to sugarcoat it, as pathetic as it is, their whole program exists to try to beat UGA.  We'll know early if we're ready, but if we are at all capable, we need to physically beat them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment